2021 Lenten Season Schedule
All events will be held in person in the church as well as livestreamed on the parish YouTube page.
If you are coming in person, face covering are required as well as social distancing.
LENTEN PRAYER BOOK
We encourage all families of the parish to pick up a copy of our Parish Lenten Prayer Book entitles: Here I Am, Lord from the Narthex the weekend of February13-14. It is intended to assist you in your daily Lenten prayer as we prepare for the Glory of Easter.
ASH WEDNESDAY – FEBRUARY 17
Ash Wednesday is on Wednesday, February 17th and it is a day of abstenance and fasting.
Mass and a distribution of ashes will be held at 6:30am, 8:00am, 10:30am and 7:00pm. We will also have a prayer service (no Mass) and distribution of ashes at 4:00pm. Confession will be available between 9:30am and 10:15am and again from 6:00pm to 6:45pm.
PENANCE PRAYER SERVICE – MARCH 10
We invite you to join us on Wednesday, March 10th for a penance prayer service. We will have two guest priests joining us this evening. Our service will take place at 7:00pm.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
Stations will be prayed every Friday Evening during Lent at 7:00pm. These Parish Groups will be participating and assisting in the praying of the Stations of the Cross. Please come and join them as we walk the steps of Christ’s Life and Love for us:
- February 19th – Holy Name Society and Emmaus Men’s Group
- February 26th – Stewardship Group, Ladies of Charity and Women at the Well
- March 5th – Greeters, Lectors and Ushers & Music Ministry
- March 19th – Special Ministers of the Eucharist
- March 26th – Pro-Life and St. Vincent de Paul Society
- April 2nd – Youth Ministries
LENTEN SPEAKER SERIES
During this Lenten season St. Amelia’s will be offering a speaker series based on the spiritual disciplines of Lent; Fasting and Almsgiving. The series will include a prayer service presided over by the speaker and will go from 7:00pm to 8:00pm on the following Wednesdays:
- February 24th – Fr. Chris Emminger will lead an evening Prayer (Vespers) and talk about Prayer
- March 3rd – Sr. Mary Johnice will lead a prayer service and speak on Almsgiving
- March 17th – Fr. Peter Santandreu will lead an hour of adoration with music provided by Steven Gruhalla
- March 24th – Fr. Richard Jedrzejewski will celebrate Mass with an extended homily on Fasting.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
In addition to the Parish Penance Service held on March 10th, Confessions will be heard in the Church or by appointment on:
- All Saturdays (except the Easter Vigil) at 3:30pm to -4:15pm,
- Mondays from 6:30pm to 7:00pm and
- Wednesdays from 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Confessions will not be heard during the Sacred Triduum: Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday